The Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH) is hosting a series of webinars to support Maternal-Neonatal care providers during the third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. The webinars will be led by clinical experts with experience managing COVID-19. Each webinar will focus on specific topics such as vaccine hesitancy, care management for COVID-19 positive patients, and more. Time will be set aside for questions from participants.
Registration is required. In the event you cannot attend, please check the PCMCH COVID-19 webpage a week after the event for the webinar recording.
Webinar Title: COVID-19 in the Third Wave and the Maternal-Neonatal Population: Neonatal Care and Considerations
- Review pathophysiology, clinical presentation and transmission rates in newborns
- Discuss practical considerations in caring for neonates born to mothers who had COVID-19 during pregnancy; and impact on family integration in neonatal units
- Review BORN data on the impact of COVID-19 on neonatal outcomes
Date: May 31, 2021 Registration is required
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Prakesh Shah, Paediatrician-in-Chief, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Yenge Diambomba, Clinical Director of Nurseries, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Gillian Alton, Epidemiologist, BORN Ontario
Moderated by Dr. JoAnn Harrold, Neonatologist and Division Chief of Neonatology, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Division Head of Newborn Care, The Ottawa Hospital
Audience: Clinicians, educators, managers and administrative leaders involved in maternal-neonatal care
Future webinar registration will be shared on the PCMCH Latest News Webpage, so check back regularly.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com