The Child and Youth Committee (CYC) at the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH) is seeking members to join its committee.
The CYC will identify priorities and recommend strategies for the achievement of a coordinated system of child and youth health services delivered in both community and hospital settings and sensitive to patient, family, and cultural diversity, and urban, rural and remote settings. This will include engagement with regional child health networks, primary care providers and other stakeholders to facilitate implementation and influence adoption of approved initiatives.
The strategies will focus on:
1. Equitable access to timely, high quality, evidence-based, family-centred care at the appropriate level for all children and youth in Ontario as close to home as possible
2. Equitable access to specialized services optimizing child and youth care
3. Identification and implementation of evidence-based practice and standards of care
4. Data and information systems to inform practice, policy and to promote accountability
The overall composition of CYC’s membership will reflect the scope of the CYC, which includes the continuum of primary to quaternary care; the spectrum of child-youth health care services; community and institutional settings for the delivery of care/services; professional disciplines; rural, urban and remote perspectives; and the diversity of the communities served.
We are particularly interested in seeking interest from senior clinical and administrative leaders that represents the following areas:
• Clinical or administrative leadership in Children’s Treatment Centres, Children’s Hospitals, or Community Hospitals
• Expertise in indigenous communities
• Diverse clinical background and expertise in any of the following clinical disciplines: Family Medicine, Community Paediatrics, Child/Youth Mental Health, Acute Care, and/or Intensive Care
• Family and Youth representatives
Interested candidates are asked to complete the Expression of Interest application no later than 11:59pm on November 6, 2020.
• Link to the Expression of Interest application: https://surveys.sickkids.ca/surveys/?s=AW9Y3RYPEF
Applicants may be asked to participate in a telephone interview as part of the process.
If you have any questions about the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health or this Expression of Interest, please contact Lisa Osqui, Senior Program Manager, at email@example.com