The Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH) is hosting a series of webinars to support Maternal-Neonatal care providers during the third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. The webinars will be led by clinical experts with experience managing COVID-19. Each webinar will focus on specific topics such as vaccine hesitancy, care management for COVID-19 positive patients, and more. Time will be set aside for questions from participants.
Registration is required. In the event you cannot attend, please check the PCMCH COVID-19 webpage a week after the event for the webinar recording.
Webinar Title: COVID-19 in the Third Wave and the Maternal-Neonatal Population: Promoting Seamless Postnatal Care
Date/time: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Registration is now open
- Sue Thériault Valin, Lactation Consultant, South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
- Jaime Charlebois, Regional Perinatal Mood Disorder Coordinator, Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
- David Millar, Executive Director, Medical Lead, Monarch Centre
- Jenni Huntly, Registered Midwife, Extended Care Midwifery Program NorWest Community Health Centres
- Jennifer Proulx, Program Manager, Nurse-Family Partnership, Middlesex-London Health Unit
Objectives of the webinar are to:
- Identify facilitators and barriers to seamless postnatal care across the province
- Discuss strategies to support mothers in navigating the postnatal period during COVID-19
- Explore topics of postnatal assessment, breastfeeding initiation and support, perinatal mental health and more
Audience includes, but is not limited to: clinicians, educators, managers and administrative leaders involved in maternal-neonatal care
Future webinar registration will be shared on the PCMCH Latest News Webpage, so check back regularly.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com