Information to support Pregnant and Breastfeeding people in their decision on whether or not to get the COVID-19 vaccine
The Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health would like to support individuals who are breastfeeding, pregnant, or those who plan to be pregnant learn more about their eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine. To help patients and health care providers in the decision making process, please see resources available below.
PCMCH Patient Information Sheet on COVID-19 Vaccines
- Information Sheet – “I am pregnant or breastfeeding. Should I get the COVID-19 Vaccine?” This information sheet was last updated on June 15th, 2021 and provides basic information only. It is not intended to provide or take the place of medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Talk to your doctor or midwife if you have any questions about the COVID-19 vaccine. FRENCH VERSION AVAILABLE HERE.
- Patient Information Sheet – Intended Use and References English version. FRENCH VERSION AVAILABLE HERE.
- Information Sheet Feedback Form Please share your feedback on the PCMCH information sheet. This feedback is being collected by PCMCH in collaboration with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at McMaster University and will be used to determine how many people in Ontario have used the tool, if they were satisfied with its content and/or if it has made an impact on their decision whether or not to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- How to Book a COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment in Ontario: If after speaking to your provider you decide to book an appointment to get the COVID-19 vaccine, please check the Ontario Health booking tool for eligibility by postal code or check with your local public health unit.
- To learn about what financial, mental health, or other supports are available for people in Ontario during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Ontario COVID-19 Support for People webpage.
- Other patient information on COVID-19 in pregnancy by the Society of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists website, please click here.
- For information on COVID-19 and prenatal screening, and other relevant resources, please visit the Prenatal Screening Ontario website here.
Health Care Provider Resources
- For Vaccination in Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Decision Making Support Tool for providers, please click here.
- For all COVID-19 Vaccine Related Information and Planning Resources from the Ministry of Health, please check online here.
- For all COVID-19 Vaccination Information Resources from the Public Health Agency of Canada, please check online here.
- For other PCMCH provider resources, such as COVID-19 practice guidelines, please click here.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com