The Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH) is seeking an Obstetrician who serves remote/rural communities in Ontario and has in-depth knowledge of the provincial system of maternal-child transport services, to serve on the Maternal-Child Transport Advisory Committee (M-CTAC). M-CTAC Members provide advice and oversight to the development and implementation of maternal-neonatal-child transport standards, guidelines, and recommendations to improve quality, access, safety, and the patient experience for this population in Ontario. You may view the Terms of Reference for M-CTAC by clicking HERE.
The ideal candidate for this position is an Obstetrician serving remote/rural communities in Ontario, who can influence quality improvement initiatives at the centre, regional and/or provincial level. Key qualities/personal attributes expected of all Maternal-Child Transport Advisory Committee members include:
- In depth knowledge of the Ontario system of maternal-neonatal-child health and/or transport services;
- Ability to provide linkages to groups and organizations in the system of maternal-neonatal-child health care and/or transport services;
- Systems thinking;
- An understanding of the scope and roles of PCMCH, the Maternal-Child Transport Advisory Committee, and the Maternal-Child Transport Operations Group;
- An understanding of the obligation to act in the best interests of the Ontario system of maternal-neonatal-child health care as a whole;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as a member of the Committee, with other members of the Committee, and the PCMCH Secretariat; and
- Ability and willingness to commit the necessary time to participate in PCMCH meetings and meeting preparation.
Interested candidates are asked to complete a short application survey and to upload a copy of your recent Curriculum Vitae no later than 4:00pm on Friday September 7th, 2018. Applicants may be asked to participate in a telephone interview as part of the process. Please click HERE to begin the application survey.
If you have any questions about the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health or this Expression of Interest, please contact Carolyn Clark, Business Support Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.